I Boat I Boat is offline

Default Clubs on a MC (was Harry something)

In article , payer33859
@mypacks.net says...

On 6/3/11 7:46 AM, John H wrote:
On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 20:04:12 -0400, L wrote:

John H wrote:
On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 23:45:08 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 11:56:13 -0400, John
wrote:

How do you carry your golf clubs on your motorcycle?

I'm looking for a cheap used bag right now. I'll put a u-bolt through the bottom and fasten it to
the passenger peg. Then I can use bungee cords or straps to tie the top of the bag to the luggage
racks. Should work well.

I don't like the fact that I can't take my cart also. That means either renting a walking cart. But,
walking carts are usually pretty cheap. I've also thought about taking the top case off the back,
which would leave room for my cart. But, I use the top case a lot. Decisions, decisions.

The Salvation Army wants $29.95 for each of the half dozen bags the local store has in stock. And,
they're all crap.

I have your solution!

Side-car.

No way.

I made a shotgun rack for my Super Glide. It was welded steel and
bolted to the windshield mounts on the front fork.

Maybe you could come up with something like that. My golf bag right
now is a "back niner", that is a soft bag made out of Cordura.

I'm sure my idea of mounting the bag on the passenger peg will work. On my Guzzi, the passenger peg
is very low. My bike isn't a crotch rocket.

http://motoprofi.com/bikephoto/4678/..._gt_1991_2.jpg

But, the bag must have a good, hard bottom - something I can attach a muffler clamp or u-bolt to.

That's right over the exhaust!

So are a passenger's feet! It's not that hot, especially when the bike's in motion. This is doable,
I say. My son-in-law is a big wig with Goodwill, so he's going to check out some Goodwill stores for
me. I'll bet they're a lot cheaper than Salvation Army.

If you sold that monster truck you can't afford to use, you could buy
yourself a nice, spiffy, economical RAV4 and toss your golf bag in the back.

Why would he buy a girl car?