Peggie Hall

Default Belt and suspenders on holding tank

Dick Locke wrote:
OK, I'll ask for the cure now. We do have your book but my wife hid it
someplace....

Probably no more than a few ounces escaped. I'm going to assume some
got through a limber hole and into the bilge itself.

It's in my book:

Buy some Raritan K.O. holding tank treatment...it's a live bacteria
product that "eats" odor-producing spores (similar products are
available at pet supply stores to get rid pet odor accidents, but
they’re diluted and considerably more expensive). Clean the spill area
with detergent and water, but don't use bleach, Lysol or any other
"antibacterial" product. When the area is dry (no more than barely
damp), put some K.O. in a trigger sprayer or pump-up garden spray bottle
and liberally saturate the area with it. Don't rinse...let it dry,
leaving that area open so that plenty of fresh air can circulate for 24
hours. That will get rid of the odor permanently. If you still have odor
after you’ve closed everything up again, you missed a spot.

Spraying with K.O. also works to get rid of musty odors in lockers,
cushions, life jackets etc. Put anything loose out the sun to dry.

--
Peggie