Peggie Hall

Default Belt and suspenders on holding tank

Dick Locke wrote:
I have what I think is overkill on my holding tank pumpout setup but I
want to check to see if anyone has experience saying it's a good idea.

The holding tank has three pumpout lines. One to the deck for the
shore-based vacuum pumpout, one to an electric macerator pump, and a
third that goes to the manual bilge pump via a y-valve.

I agree...that's overkill.

The manual
bilge pump can be directed to pump from the bilge or from the holding
tank.

I had a small leak in the third pumpout line where it connects to the
y-valve. Rather than trouble-shoot why sewage is in that line, I'm
inclined to simply remove it.

That's what I'd recommend.

--
Peggie