Keith

Default Best holding tank chemicals.

Yea, I've got a 1" and it seems sufficient. If you have an aerobic system
(most don't) KO by Raritan is the best treatment. If you have an anaerobic
system with the tiny vents from the Mfg., Odorlos is the best, because it
makes it's own oxygenating compounds. It does get used up in the process
though, so you have to renew it if you don't pump out fairly often.

--

Keith
__
"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
None Chuck. The secret to keeping odors down is to provide
an environment that doesn't produce odors. That is plenty of
oxygen so that aerobic critters thrive rather than anaerobic
critters. Aerobic critters don't make odors. We have a 1.5"
vent line to our holding tank. It allows circulation of air through
the tank. Another secret is to make sure that when you flush,
you run enough water through so that no nasties stay in the
line from the head to the tank. Check out Peggy Hall's
famous "toilet paper"

Doug
s/v Callista

"Chuck Baier" wrote in message
om...
There are so many different products and recommendations for holding
tank chemicals. I would appreciate any first hand experience with
those that actually work to keep down odors and break down solids.