Parallax

Default Finding electrolysis at the dock

"Rod McInnis" wrote in message ...
"geneb321" wrote in message
There is an excellent article on testing for grounding problems between
shore power and boat at: http://www.yandina.com/electrolysis.htm

I don't recommend following the instructions at that web site. Creating a
potential safety hazard so that you can eliminate galvanic corrosion is not
a good trade off in my book. You would also have to eliminate just about
every piece of 110 volt gear (TV, ice maker, battery charger, etc.) or come
up with elaborate ways of isolating them.

Rod

I suggest that somebody develop an induction system similarto that
that was to be used with electric cars. No direct electrical
connection to the boat so we eliminate thjis problem.