Karin Conover-Lewis

Default Manual marine head

Peggy -- I think SunMar makes one that doesn't need any power, but they do
require that "excess fluid drainage" that you mention. Some of those that
require power claim to be able to dry the "fluid" sufficiently not to
actually use the overflow under lower usage (one or two people full-time),
but they're also way too big for my boat.

--
Karin Conover-Lewis
Fair and Balanced since 1959

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
Karin Conover-Lewis wrote:
Ditto the "Lavac" recommendation. I would have no other. Well, I'd go

for a
composting head if I didn't need to carry mountains of peat moss and it

fit
the same space as the Lavac, but such a creature doesn't exist.

Composting toilets also need power 24/7, Karin, to run the blower and
evaporator. Also a means of draining off liquids that exceed what can be
evaporated, which in coastal waters means some kind of container for
'em...'cuz they can't legally be drained overboard. Composter are an
alternative worth considering on a large powerboat on inland "no
discharge" waters, but IMO are totally impractical on any boat in
coastal waters.

--
Peggie