Wayne B Wayne B is offline

Default Penn Customer Service

On Sat, 21 May 2011 08:32:10 -0400, Harryk
wrote:

I wash the reels off with
fresh water after every use, and "field strip" them twice a season to
clean out gook, old grease, et cetera. About every three years, I send
the Penn reels off to Penn for a dusting and cleaning, during which any
worn parts are replaced.

That's an impressive maintenance regime Harold, very impressive. All
you need now is a boat.

I have a 30 year old Penn 6/0 sal****er reel that I carry around with
us. It has never had any maintenance at all and still works just
fine. In the last week it has caught 4 Mahi Mahis, a Bonito and a
Tuna, all but one on pink and white Rattle Jet lures. The Rattle Jets
are just about the most effective fish magnets I've ever used.

http://www.basspro.com/C-H-Lures-Rattle-Jet-Sal****er-Lure-Rigged/product/8221/-952717

My only complaint with the Penn is that it does not hold enough line.
Something big hit it a few days ago north of Palm Beach and spooled
out 200 yards of 120 pound mono, against the drag, within about 30
seconds. Hit and run attack, wish I'd caught a glimpse of it.