Harryk Harryk is offline

Default Penn Customer Service

Gene wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2011 18:18:35 -0700 (PDT), "*e#c"
wrote:

I use Blue Runner ( ALL metal, and built like a tank ) , and Diawa
Acudepth. The later only because it has an acurate depth counter, and
the handle is very well designed for the hand.

For poles, it's ALL Walker 10 footers. They have a yellow section at
the last 6 inches. This feature is awesome for evening fishing. The
Stern light illuminates the tip for ease of movement spotting.

I prefer my Penn Reels to the other "gold" models that I have.... I
don't care for the plastic ones, though. Never have had a problem
with them.

I try to buy quality and American made products. Blue Runner is the
Bayliner of reels.... though made offshore, as nearly as I can
determine.... nobody I know of sells them but big box stores...

Never did get the depth counter thing.... fishing in my area, unless
you have a protractor on the line and are fast on the calculator, you
are only measuring length of line payed out... not depth.

I think I have about 8 or 9 "usual" reels these days, including a brand
new Penn Slammer 460 spinning reel I've had for years that I spooled up
but haven't used. I have two Shimano salt water baitcasting reels, small
ones; a larger Shimano Charter Special reel with a lever drag for
trolling; two large Penn salt water spinning reels and two small Penn
salt water spinning reels. I also have two fly reels. I sold off and
gave away my heavy fishing gear years ago. I wash the reels off with
fresh water after every use, and "field strip" them twice a season to
clean out gook, old grease, et cetera. About every three years, I send
the Penn reels off to Penn for a dusting and cleaning, during which any
worn parts are replaced.

Friend of mine who lives in Milford, CT., found an old rod and reel of
mine in his garage. It's been there for 50 years. He lives year around
at the beach. My gear was sitting in an old barrel, along with a couple
of oars and a wood boathook. He said the reel still worked. I might stop
by to visit it on my trip to Connecticut this summer. I think it was a
Penn reel, but I don't remember. Nothing big; used it to catch porgies,
stripers and snapper blues.