posted to alt.great-lakes,misc.rural,rec.boats
Califbill Califbill is offline

Default Sewage overflow in Michigan approaches 15 billion gallons | Great Lakes Echo

"Harryk" wrote in message ...

Canuck57 wrote:
On 18/05/2011 3:11 PM, LilAbner wrote:
http://greatlakesecho.org/2011/05/13...llion-gallons/

Sounds like time to arrest some local officials. Pretty darned stupid to
be dumping raw sewage these days. No excuses.

--
Take a look at ANY country, more debt is more problems. So why do we allow
our governments more debt? Selfishness, greed, denial, ignorance?

State and municipal infrastructure improvements usually are paid for by
the sale of bonds. Bonds mean more debt. So, you're against more debt
except when you are not.

Reply:
They should have been collecting enough extra on the sewage bills to pay for
the infrastructure. Our local sewage district collects enough extra to have
a repair and replacement fund.