Wayne B Wayne B is offline

Default Gogarty, you're stupid if you really think it's ice in the choke point.

On Sat, 14 May 2011 15:48:03 -0400, Gogarty
wrote:

I bought a vacuum pump, hoses for R134a refrigerant and a can of same.
Connected the suction-side port to the pump and ran it for about an hour.
Charged the evacuated system with refrigerant and started it. Presto! Now
running like brand new.

Anybody want to rent a vacuum pump and hoses? Needed only one hose, the blue
one, but they come in sets of red, blue and yellow.

Congratulations!

Now you're an expert and can go into business, at least on Usenet.

:-)

Even with the purchase of the vacuum pump and hoses you are still
ahead vs the cost of a service call, and now you know how to fix it
yourself. Since I've got a freezer and two fridges on board, I have
now acquired a full set of "stuff" including a leak detector, vacuum
pump with extra oil, an assortment of can taps, the Nigel Calder
books, and a couple of gauge/hose sets.

See you in the Out Islands with cold beer and frozen fish. :-)