posted to rec.boats.building
Dave[_14_] Dave[_14_] is offline

Default Pontoon Boat Drain plug

Does it look like a pipe plug? Maybe it is. If so try a hardware store
with a comprehensive plumbing department. DO NOT USE A BRASS OR
GALVANIZED PLUG IF IT SCREWS INTO AN ALUMINUM HOLE. Plain steel and brass
both react with aluminum. Worse comes to worse you can make some out of
acetal delrin if you can determine the correct thread pitch and type. Ok.
I could make some, or if you have a buddy who does machine work as a hobby
he could make some.

Well.... I shopped and shopped and could not find what I needed.
I ended up drilling out the threads to fit a 5/8 compression plug.

The hole was sized for 3/8 plugs but had to use a 5/8 drill bit to get the
threads drilled out.

Thanks for the help tho.