Ex Alfa Adam

Default Licence to hire speedboat in Greece/Spain

A quick de-lurk to say that both the Canadian Coastguard and the Surete du
Quebec (the provincial police) patrol rivers and lakes here (once the ice
has gone out). They can and do pull boats over for safety checks (e.g.
enough life jackets for the number of bodies aboard) and to check on

alcohol
consumption.

Blimey, a police state - so much for being 'free'!

Here in our harbours I've only ever known the local harbour conservancy to
book people for speeding - I've never known licence or lifejacket checks, or
anyone having problems (with the authorities) due to alcohol consumption.

Think I'll stay here in the UK!

Adam H