Tom Dacon

Default West Coast live-aboard Marinas

If Ventura is not out of your reach, Ventura West Marina is a very
liveaboard-friendly marina. They allow up to 50% liveaboards (essentially
every other slip is a liveaboard candidate), and have very nice and complete
facilities - mail boxes, a boater's lounge with exercise equipment and a
small library, a large laundry room with coin-operated washers and driers, a
freezer locker, and various categories of storage lockers for off-boat
storage. I had my 41' sailboat there in a non-liveaboard slip for 24 years
until I moved up to the Pacific Northwest last year, and I can't say that I
had any real complaints. Ventura is small and quiet, compared to the cities
to the south.

VWM's web page: http://www.sailorschoice.com/marinas...WestMarina.htm

Ventura West has a sister marina at Dana Point, named Dana West Marina. If
it's run like VWM it may also be a good candidate.

Tom Dacon

"Chuck Baier" wrote in message
om...
We will be looking for West Coast live-aboard Marinas in the San
Diego, Los Angeles, Dana Point or Oceanside areas in about a year.
Would appreciate any first hand info from anyone. Thanks, Chuck