Harryk Harryk is offline

Default Fuel prices may moderate/thread drifting to Medicare

wrote:
On Sat, 07 May 2011 09:59:03 -0400,
wrote:

Gas is currently selling for about $3.89 to $3.97 a U.S. gallon around here.

I paid $2.97 a gallon the other day. That's a dollar a gallon discount.

Giant offers 10 cents off a gallon at Shell for each $100 you spend at
the supermarket. Thus, if you spend $1000, you get a dollar a gallon
discount.

I keep getting phone calls offering me 25 free gallons of gas if I
will sign up for some insurance plan. It makes me wonder how
overpriced the insurance is. (certainly $100 right off the bat)

I am sure Giant is getting their dime back. They were always high
anyway. Joe Danzansky needs a yacht too I guess.

BTW when you are 64.5, your phone starts ringing off the hook with
insurance offers and my mailbox is stuffed. It starts to make me
wonder how much Medicare actually pays. I know my insurance from IBM
will actually get higher if I read all of the documentation right. I
haven't really got serious about this but it is pretty confusing so
far. It really looks like the benefit plan throws you under the bus at
65. I know the IBM Retiree forum is saying the WalMart drug plan is
the best, better than Part D or the IBM/Medco plan.

The Danzanskys sold Giant years ago. I think it is on its third owner
since then. Now that a big corporation owns the chain, quality and
service have deteriorated. We also have Safeway, Food Lion (a terrible
operation), and some distance away, a couple of premium supermarkets.

i wouldn't trust prescriptions from Wal-Mart.