Default Gogarty, you're stupid if you really think it's ice in the choke point.

"Gogarty" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
On Wed, 04 May 2011 10:43:28 -0400, Gogarty
wrote:

Here ya be:

"Moisture in a refrigeration system, directly or indirectly, is the cause
of
most problems and complaints. First, moisture can cause freeze-up in a

system.
Moisture is picked up by the refrigerant and transported through the
refrigerant line in a fine mist, with ice crystals forming at the point
of
expansion."

That was my recent experience on the second of two systems that I
installed on our boat. After encountering symptoms similar to yours,
I ordered a new vacuum pump from Amazon for about $100 (cheaper than a
service call, and I already had a gauge set and can tap). I left the
vacuum pump running for 9 hours, checked to make sure that the system
was holding vacuum, and then recharged. It has been running fine ever
since.

I just ordered the vacuum pump today, from Harbor Freight. $100 plus tax
and
shipping. I don't have the guage set. Way cheaper than a service call and
might even be able to rent it out at the marina.

What a dumbass, you are Gogarty. In the process of spending money on a
vacuum pump you will do exactly as I suggested. You will remove the
overcharge of refrigerant and put back the right amount. Sadly, you could
have accomplished the very same thing by the simple expedient of bleeding
off the excess pressure.

So many MORONS, so little time . . .

Wilbur Hubbard