Harryk Harryk is offline

Default Where should the credit go?

wrote:
On Wed, 04 May 2011 11:38:43 -0600,
wrote:

On 04/05/2011 9:46 AM, John H wrote:
On Wed, 4 May 2011 04:50:52 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Here, just for the fun of it...

http://utopianist.com/wp-content/upl...lled-trump.jpg
Careful, Tim. The liberals are already *extremely* upset that Osama didn't receive a fair trial, but
was instead shot while defenseless.

You know, I've reached a decision. When Harry accuses Scotty of pedophilia, and therefore is
accusing Scotty's daughter of incest, I think he's committing a vile act. Likewise, when Scotty
accuses Harry of pedophilia, without any basis, Scotty is committing a vile act.

Therefore, I've decided to have nothing to do with either of them. They both owe each other an
apology. Hopefully they're both man enough to do so.

Freaking fleabagger lefties, didn't get to spend millions on useless
liberal lawyers? Wow, my sympathies not. Osama needed it. Over 300
indictments and warrants properly processed from multiple
countries...Osama just needed a bullet.

Think of the money it saved taxpayers, the chopper loss was peanuts.
Keeping Osama for trial then incareration costs... best spent bullets
were the ones sent to Osama.

I am happy that Obama has repealed the flawed Carter policy of not
targeting people for assassination.
Maybe some day we can return to the Eisenhower policy of shaping civil
war outcomes using covert means and without sending in a 150,000
troops.

It was certainly clear that we could have taken OBL alive but they
made the right choice and blew his head off on site.

Plume, before you protest that, are you really saying a SEAL could
not have wrestled a sickly, 54 year old, unarmed man to the ground if
he wanted to? They saw him, they shot him end of story.

I prefer to deal with what we know...or were told. We were told Osama
was given an opportunity to surrender and live or go out in a blaze of
what he probably assumed was glory. We were told he chose the latter.

That's no different than the choices the police in this country offer
dangerous fugitives who they have cornered or who respond by opening
fire. It usually is referred to as "Death by Cop."

Assuming that was the case, I don't have a problem with the outcome. A
trial would have been long and messy, but it is our way to try criminals
and prove their guilt in a court of law. To dispose of criminals
otherwise brings us down to the level of the terrorists.