Glenn Ashmore

Default Getting hosed

Shields makes straight and 90º threaded hose adaptors and Sealand sells
a straight PVC to hose adaptor. Both are exactly the right size to fit
1 1/2" sanitation hose. They cost about $8/each and slip on with a
little KY jelley.
Most of my runs are a Shields adaptor threaded into the tank, 12" to 24"
of Sealand hose, a Seland adaptor and then Schedule 40. If I had to go
around a corner I used sweep ells or 45s. On the head end there is
another Sealand transition to a short length of hose which then fits on
the head outlet.

BTW, I have a couple of Shields 90s, a straight and a couple of Sealand
straight transitions left over if anybody needs them.

Skip Gundlach wrote:
"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message

You don't need a whole lot. I talked to Ed McKunen, president of
Sealand (and not my favorite person) about it. We recommend making your
longer runs in Schedule 40 PVC with short lengths of Odorsafe to absorb
vibration and movement.

Does the hose go over the pipe, or are some intermediate fittings needed to
work?

L8R

Skip

--