Paul Revere

Default Coast Guard Inspections

In article , "Scott Vernon" wrote:

"Paul Revere" wrote in message
newsa4gc.17470$bl.3425@okepread03...
In article , "Paul Schilter"

paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote:
Scott,
Specifically? Well Scott, I not a lawyer so I can't quote you

specific
rights. Perhaps it's more a feeling that the newer laws being passed in

the
name of terrorist defense will be used as an excuse to justify more
intrusion into our personal lives.
Paul

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
.. .
Which rights, specifically were revoked?

No rights were "revoked" (which would require at least one new

Constitutional
Amendment), but a number are violated by the Patriot Act.

Amendment IV - The right of the people to be secure in their persons,

houses,
papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not

be
violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probably cause, supported

by
oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched,

and
the persons or things to be seized.

Wasn't that thrown out the window years ago in the name of the so-called
''drug war''?

SV

A number of rights have been systematically violated in the name of the "war
on drugs" but because the "war on terror" scares more people, public support
for systematic violations of rights has more popular support.