Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default To an imaginary love.

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 May 2011 16:35:11 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

The sun is warm on our backs as we walk down the dock. A few glasses of
wine
at a local pub, a smiled thank you and we are walking to board "Cut the
Mustard". There's nobody else around. The seagulls call out in the humid
air, a warm breeze beckons.

Ah yes Willie-boy does it again. For years you've told us all about
what a REAL SAILOR you are, keeping your boat at a mooring, and now
you fess up that you really are keeping it at a dock.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Ah, Bruce, c'mon - cut the boy some slack :{))

First, it's imaginary. Second, with all that anticipation going on, who'd
want to wait for the long row back in the dinghy, when he could get it on
immediately when she arrives? Besides, he's looking to impress, so putting
out the coin for a day's dockage is probably a good investment to that end.

Yes, I admit, he could do it in the bottom of the dink, but that's
inconsiderate to the lass, given the usual condition of dink floors (oops,
soles) or bilges, if his craft isn't sufficiently luxurious to have floors
as ours does (removeable, for better access for cleaning, even)...

L8R

Skip, about finished with the grinding and preparing to fair after the last
few wet-outs

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely nothing-half so
much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing about in
boats-or *with* boats.

In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's
the charm of it.

Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get
anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and
you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."