[email protected] emdeplume@hush.com is offline

Default Obama endorses slavery

On Sun, 01 May 2011 00:10:46 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 18:44:40 -0700,
wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:50:11 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 15:40:03 -0700,
wrote:

And, we don't have to solve the "whole" nut in one action. Keep at it.
You seem to think in the very short term when it suits you.

You are not even willing to start fixing this. If we don't attack the
deficit in some meaningful way we will never get a handle on the debt.
If you repealed the whole Bush tax cut it is barely a decent start on
the deficit,

Now you're going to just lie? I clearly outlined a way to start.
Repeal tax breaks for those over $250K, ding corps that ship jobs
overseas, make them pay their fair share in taxes, end subsidies, and
spend not one additional cent on the military.

There, you just said it again. You don't think there is a cent we
could cut from the current military budget, you just want to keep it
the same?

I'm saying that it would be a good place to start. Are you unable to
understand that simple statement?

You are not giving us any specifics about exactly how you "ding" these
companies. It is an interesting concept but I have not heard plan that
really works.

That's a very complicated question, and nobody on this newsgroup is
qualified to answer it. Of course, that doesn't matter, since big
concepts seem to be beyond your ability to grasp.

We have already determined that tax cut on the $250k+ people is an
insignificant amount of money (1/2% increase in the interest debt will
eat that.)

You have already determined that. As I said, and as I will continue to
say, IT'S A GOOD START.

Let me say this again slowly. a half of a percent hike in the interest
we pay on the debt would eat all of repealing that Bush tax cut on the
250K+ people.

What does that have to do with anything... so what. Interest rates
change. How much would a 1/2% decrease in interest on the debt change
our financials? So what.

So your tax cut repeal is insignificant. A half percent is not only
possible it is very likely. That was what S&P report really said.
This is not an issue of whether the US will pay back the bonds, it is
what the dollar will be worth when they do.

As would be the opposite. It's a short term issue which has nothing to
do with the long term problem.