[email protected] emdeplume@hush.com is offline

Default Obama endorses slavery

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:50:11 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 15:40:03 -0700,
wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 11:48:06 -0400,
wrote:

it's bush's fault because

1. he cut taxes especially on the rich

2. he increased spending by an unfunded drug program added to medicare

3. he increased spending by spending a trillion in iraq

4. he deregulated the markets so that wall street blew up the economy

and yet the right still blames

the black guy

The Bush tax cuts are about a quarter of the deficit (all of the
cuts, not just the $250k people).
The whole nut is $370B a year. The deficit is $1.5T
Repealing ALL of them is a start but not a panacea.
You still need to find $1.13T, either in more revenue or cutting
spending. So far the fed's answer is to print money and monetize the
debt through "quantitative easing" (a polite term for inflating your
way out of the problem). Let's see how the bond market deals with
that.

And, we don't have to solve the "whole" nut in one action. Keep at it.
You seem to think in the very short term when it suits you.

You are not even willing to start fixing this. If we don't attack the
deficit in some meaningful way we will never get a handle on the debt.
If you repealed the whole Bush tax cut it is barely a decent start on
the deficit,

Now you're going to just lie? I clearly outlined a way to start.
Repeal tax breaks for those over $250K, ding corps that ship jobs
overseas, make them pay their fair share in taxes, end subsidies, and
spend not one additional cent on the military.

When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Good suggestion. Please put down the shovel.

Let me say this again slowly. a half of a percent hike in the interest
we pay on the debt would eat all of repealing that Bush tax cut on the
250K+ people.

What does that have to do with anything... so what. Interest rates
change. How much would a 1/2% decrease in interest on the debt change
our financials? So what.