A_boaterer A_boaterer is offline

Default $18 billion in three months, $1 trillion in 10 years

In article ,
says...

Wayne B wrote:
On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 06:45:16 -0400,
wrote:

Wayne B wrote:
On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:55:18 -0700,
wrote:

You read it right... Big Oil made $18B in three months and nearly $1T
in 10 years
Next time you fill up your car/truck/boat/whatever, you should thank
them for investing countless billions of dollars in exploration and
drilling.

It's a high stakes, very risky business and expensive oil is a lot
better than no oil at all. Think about it. After you get done
complaining about prices here, do some traveling in Europe.

We should all feel sorry for the oil companies, according to Wayne, and
we should bend over even further as they relieve our wallets of cash.

You (and D'Plume) have your personal, political and social agendas
confused with the facts. My advice to you is keep your cash and do
without the oil. It's a win-win situation - more cash for you, more
oil for everyone else.

Your view of the world is too simplistic for my taste. While I am
offended by oil company profiteering, I am more offended by oil company
tax breaks. As I have stated previously, we need to restructure how we
allow our depletable natural resources to be extracted...and consumed.

Is it your position that no company should profit?