Wayne.B

Default smallest w/a boat suitable for overnighting?

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:49:50 -0400, . .@. wrote:

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 03:13:50 GMT, "FPrieto"
wrote:

I have a 21 ft Angler boat W/A that I find to small to overnight in. I
mostly boat in Biscayne Bay florida. I am looking for the minimun size boat
any of you guys have overnighted successfully in.
I have a wife and to kids 6 and 10,,,
Any advice is appreciated
Frank Prieto

With a wife and two kids aged 6 and 10? About 38 feet.

=================
Better yet, 38 foot catamaran. One hull for the kiddies,
one hull for the parents.

My wife and I are in this debate about how big a boat we need to live
aboard 4 to 6 months of the year. Most of our estimates are in the 43
to 53 foot range, though on occassion we decide half humorously that
there may not be a boat big enough, short of cruise ship proportions.

I've had several boats in the 34 foot range and that's just about
right for 4 people over no more than a week or two in my opinion.
Smaller is certainly possible but it's going to be very crowded.

One of the things that impressed us on our Rideau Canal cruise to
Canada was the number of significant families cruising on relatively
small boats. They would typically tie up ashore and set up folding
tables and chairs on the dock at meal time.