posted to rec.boats,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
Mr.Smartypants[_2_] Mr.Smartypants[_2_] is offline

Default Question about wave action on inland lake.

On 4/16/2004 6:41 AM, wrote:
On 14 Apr 2004 11:12:33 -0700,
(basskisser) wrote:

wrote in message . ..
Hi,

I have a boat on Lake Lanier in GA. The other morning I took it out,
and the overall wave action appeared to be different than usual.
It was a flat calm day, except when a passing boat produced some
waves. Most of the time the waves seem to be sort of peaked and
a bit sharp, but on this morning they were more rounded and flatter.
The first boat I noticed it from, I thought it might be simply due to
the shape of the boat itself. But after a while I noticed it was true of
all of them...which was cool with me because it meant I could go
faster without getting tossed in the air too much. It still made me
wonder *why* though. Could it have something to do with what
creates high and low tides, and/or why sometimes when you dig
a hole you seem to have more dirt than you took out and sometimes
you seem to have less? If so, is there a way to predict when waves
will tend to be sharper and when they will tend to be flatter, like
people can predict high and low tides?

I fish Lanier, where on the lake are you?

At Holiday Marina. I don't fish, but if you'd want to hook up

What's that? You want to "hook up" with some guy on the lake? What's
that all about?

and go
for a boat ride--houseboat, runabout, and/or paddle around in a kayak
--let me know.

Please don't tell us what you intend to do when you get back to the
houseboat.

So far I haven't met anyone from a news group, and
that would be cool for me. I'm at R17. Give me a call at 678-714-5764,

Hmmm...I've seen that number somewhere lately. I can't quite recall
where...

or an email at
sometime if you want. If you send
an email be sure to mention something about Lanier or the like so I know
it's not spam, 'cause I get about a hundred spams a day.