BAR[_2_] BAR[_2_] is offline

Default Why gas is $5.00/gal

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

BAR wrote:
In ,
says...
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 11:40:23 -0400, Wayne B
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 08:36:48 -0400, Gene
wrote:

uh no. it's speculators. they caused a similar run up under the white
guy who preceded the guy you hate because he's black
Damn speculators.

Why aren't more people doing it? Let's go halves on a tanker load and
resell it on EBAY. Anybody else want in on the deal? We're going to
need a dock, tank farm, distribution network, trucks, pipelines and a
whole sh*t load of permits. With some help from Wall Street we can
probably get 90 day financing.
Sorry, you are too late..... the guys that already had all of that are
reaping all the profits...... re-read that thing about frugality....
proactiveness is number one.....
Holding a big inventory of oil in your tank farm is not without risk
and it takes massive investments in time and money to build the
infrastructure. Not surprisingly, the people who make those
investments expect to earn a profit once in a while.
"A profit once in a while.....?"

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/01/business/01oil.html

8% Profit for 2010.
6.2% Profile for 2009.

Doesn't seem out of line to me.

Please...if you believe those are "real" numbers, perhaps you'd like to
buy shares in a bridge in Brooklyn.

They are from a simple calculation of numbers presented in an NYT
article.