Harryk Harryk is offline

Default Why gas is $5.00/gal

Wayne B wrote:
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 12:41:35 -0400, Gene
wrote:

Holding a big inventory of oil in your tank farm is not without risk
and it takes massive investments in time and money to build the
infrastructure. Not surprisingly, the people who make those
investments expect to earn a profit once in a while.

"A profit once in a while.....?"

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/01/business/01oil.html
http://www.grist.org/article/2010-04...ution-while-am
http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/29/news...xxon/index.htm
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...anies/profits/

The oil companies and speculators are almost single-handedly
preventing an economic recovery.... and they are being paid handsomely
to do so..... and you are DEFENDING that?

Incredible.....

It's a very cyclical business and no one feels sorry for Exxon when
they have stagnant growth, or even worse, when they fail to discover
enough new oil to replace what they sold. Unfortunately that is what
is happening. It is probably reasonable to assume that as their
exploration and acquisition costs go up, and as their reserves go
down, they will want a higher price for the product.

In the interest of full disclosure, I own stock in both Exxon and
Chevron-Texaco. Their annual reports make interesting reading and
the future for energy prices is not good.

Well, then, we should keep Exxon and Chevron in our prayers, so they can
continue to rape us while paying you dividends.