[email protected] emdeplume@hush.com is offline

Default Obama endorses slavery

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 02:10:33 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 20:48:04 -0700,
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 19:57:48 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 14:11:56 -0700,
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 16:17:19 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 08:58:01 -0400, Harryk
wrote:

BAR wrote:
In ,
says...
In , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...
wrote:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 07:18:41 -0400,
wrote:

We should be concentrating on cutting back our miiltary expenditures
drastically, to the tune of $100 billion a year, until we are down to a
reasonable level. Half those savings can go to reducing the deficit and
half can go towards funding needed social programs. That, and a serious
tax increase on the wealthy, and we'll be out of the hole.

I agree we spend too much on the military but if you cut it to zero,
it would only cover half if the deficit. There are not enough rich
people to make up the other $700B.

You think all the deficit has to be paid down in one FY? I'm suggesting
we cut the Pentagon by $100 billion a year until we're only spending
$100 billion a year on the military, and using the savings to pay down
the deficit and fund needed social programs and infrastructure
rebuilding *and* increase income by making the wealthy pay a fairer share.

So just how did you come to that number as a good number to supply our
military? What will you do with all of the soldiers who will be out of
the military and jobless?

Oops, he didn't think about that.

I've previously posted several times that the military downsizing should
take place as the economy and employment improves. The military remains
an employer of last resort for many, and for that, it performs a task
society needs.

We've been blowing a half trillion dollars or more on the military for a
long, long time. It's time for that lunacy to stop.

The soldiers are one issue but the biggest part of the military budget
goes to the military industrial complex and the people in that
business are smart enough to be sure they generate jobs in all 50
states so everyone in congress all has an ox to be gored if a contract
is cut. That is why we are building planes the pentagon doesn't want
like the extra C-17s.

Therefore, we should shut down the gov't because of Planned
Parenthood. I get it.

Are we changing ther subject again?

Trying to follow your logic is like riding a Mad Mouse.

According to you, one is never supposed to talk about anything unless
that's how the thread started. Why aren't you talking about Obama and
slavery???

There should be some logical flow in your response. We were talking
about military spending, 9 consecutive posts and you leaped to
abortion.

We (or Frogbreath) were talking about Obama and slavery. Why can't you
stay on topic?