[email protected] emdeplume@hush.com is offline

Default Obama endorses slavery

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 12:45:50 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:00:59 -0700,
wrote:

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:09:06 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 01:33:24 -0700 (PDT), TopBassDog

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 20:34:37 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:23:08 -0700,
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 23:57:48 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:05:47 -0500, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

You and the boater guy still confuse debt with an asset.

Nope. I understand exactly how SS and debt work.
And I believe debt should be repaid.
You're a welsher, but just won't admit it.
Dance, dance, dance.
Won't turn a con job into a ballet.

It isn't just me. Anyone who understands basic arithmetic knows you
can't pay out more than you make for very long.

Except this isn't your credit card. It's a very complex equation with
complex equation with lots of accounting variables. While it's
certainly true that one can't pay out more than one makes for very
long, "long" is a relative term. We've had deficits for decades and
the national debt has been around since the revolution.. something on
that order. There is absolutely no reason to start foaming at the
mouth and claiming it's near term crisis. Perhaps it's a mid-term
crisis. We can start by increasing taxes on the richest Americans,
reigning in corporate tax avoidance, reducing military spending,
dealing with fraud/abuse. We should not be starting with putting this
on the backs of a struggling middle class.

The last time we had this much of a deficit we had just won WWII. The
rest of the world was a smoking hole in the ground and we owed most of
the money to ourselves. If people wanted to buy things, they had to
buy them from us.
That is not the case now. Other countries own a good chunk of our
debt, bought with dollars we paid for their goods. We are buying more
than we sell only making the problem worse.

Yes, and thanks GWB for getting us in this spot. Thank GOD Obama isn't
beholden to corps anywhere close to how he was..

Obama is closer. He gave them more financial assistance.

Obamacare is a huge corporate welfare program to the medical and
insurance complex

Firstly, there is no such thing as Obamacare. Secondly, the reason the
insurance companies love it is because of two things. The
obstructionism by the right wing and the Democrats' inability to stand
up and be counted.

The insurance companies love the healthcare bill is because it was
written by a couple of Wellpoint lobbyists. I can understand why Obama
wants to disavow it but it was still on his watch.

It's still better than what we had before. More people are covered and
even better aspects have yet to kick in.

The GOP can honestly say they had nothing to do with it. They were not
included in the senate process where the bill was written and they
didn't vote for it.

Total nonsense. Many of their suggestions were included. That's just
right wing nonsense.

This was totally a democratic bill and it pretty much cedes all of the
health care money over to the same insurance companies they like to
vilify.

More nonsense. The ins. companies deserve whatever vilification they
get. They are simply horrible.