A_boaterer A_boaterer is offline

Default Obama endorses slavery

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

wrote:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 15:30:32 -0400,

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:13:46 -0400,

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 01:33:24 -0700 (PDT), TopBassDog
wrote:

Obamacare is a huge corporate welfare program to the medical and
insurance complex
We true realistic progressives would have preferred a single-payer,
government sponsored plan, such as the one offered federal employees.

The federal plan is still privately managed health care. These are the
choices for Maryland

http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/pla.../states/md.asp

There are many plans and a number of underwriters, but FEHBA is still
managed overall by a federal agency. That was true when I was the
marketing director of a postal plan, and it is true now. Every word in
every document that related to benefits had to be approved by the feds,
and there were a number of federal changes and vetoes before every open
season. Even so, there was no shortage of plan offerings.

They are competing with Blue Cross and the rest of the for profit
companies. I didn't look at the plans but I am betting the
differences are minimal.
The "government employee" thing doesn't impress me. I am old enough to
know what Geico stands for and now that is Warren Buffett

Back when I was marketing a plan, the differences between the plans were
substantial, and the plans themselves, the feds and the old Federal
Times published charts and other comparisons that made it fairly easy to
compare prices and coverage. Not so easy to do that in the so-called
private sector.

I don't get your GEICO connection. The FEHBA program is not operated
like a casualty insurance schema.

Harry peddled insurance!!!