Mika

Default Marinas--Are we getting soft??

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:21:27 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

Okay, I'll be the dummy. I'm 44 and I don't recall hearing it. ??? If I

had
to guess I would say dip the eye in the drink to soften it. ????

It is a courtesy to put your lines under the other boaters lines and if he
has an eye onto a piling or ballard, you slip your line through his eye and
then over the piling/ballard. This means that he can remove his line and
leave without removing your line or similarly if you leave first.

Part of elementary training here. Wouldn´t pass a single practical
exam if you were not familiar with this. You would also lose your
priviledge to use yacht club bases out of town...

Mika