Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default $1.87 per gallon...

On 19/04/2011 12:41 PM, Harryk wrote:
On 4/19/2011 1:26 PM, Despot wrote:
On 4/19/2011 8:23 AM, Harryk wrote:
I_am_Tosk wrote:
That's what gas prices were the day Barak Obama took the Whitehouse.
Pelosi promised the "first" thing she would address would be gas
prices.

They have done nothing but shift a bunch of food into dollars for
Chicago ethanol speculators and refiners, this of course will be a
disaster...

What a simple-minded little troll you are. Fuel prices are determined by
speculators who depend upon fear-mongering. You're one of the
"fear-mongered" masses.

"Found a credit card receipt for "regular grade" gasoline I bought in
June, 2001.

$1.349 a gallon at an Exxon station in Alexandria, Virginia.

I paid $2.09 yesterday for regular at Exxon.
That's what...about a 55% increase in three years, or about 18% a year
since Bush assumed office.

Thanks, Dubya."

-- Harry Krause, rec.boats, May 22 2004, 7:25 am

So I guess the moral of the story is that HK is also a "simple-minded
little troll", and part "of the "fear-mongered" masses."

Understanding what you read is not your forté, eh?

I never said that Bush was responsible for the increase. I just pointed
out that "regular grade" gasoline prices went up when Bush was in office.

Under the current administration they've gone up only 30% in three
years, or about 10% a year since he assumed office.

Thanks, Obama

Haven't gone up that much here.

But then Canadian currency isn't being as actively depreciated as is the
USD. All this Obama-DC debt is quite literally now being passed on to
people as inflation.

Last weeks efforts by congress told the world that Washington DC is a
delinquent debtor printing money out of control. The effort was far too
little, far too late and a joke really.
--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.