A_boaterer A_boaterer is offline

Default A BIG choice to make...

In article ,
says...

"Harryk" wrote in message
m...

Califbill wrote:
"Harryk" wrote in message

John H wrote:
On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:09:00 -0700,
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:00:58 -0700,

wrote:

"Wayne B" wrote in message

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 14:34:15 -0400, John
wrote:

Sure am glad I chose golf. Looks like I'm the only one who had a great
time!
I've been working on the boats. That's always fun when it's
finished.

Reply:
I was going to bring the boat home and work on it, but the nice weather
changed. A little rain already. Need to weld up some old holes drilled
for
removed stuff, and get it ready to repaint. Buddy wants to go kayak,
but
he
is fighting a cold.
We had another dummy go kayaking above the rapids in the Potomac today.
Luckily, she got extracted
before she got killed.

http://tinyurl.com/3cds3up

Reply:
Saw that on the news this morning while at the gym. She should be
made to
reimburse all costs of rescue with maybe a 20% PREMIUM.

Agreed.

What is your feeling about parents who allow their children to race
motorcycles?

Reply:
No problem. Is the taxpayer paying for the endeavor? Someone goes out in
a flooding river in a kayak and needs to be rescued, they should have to
pay the tab. I run white water rivers. When one of us types screw up, we
or the insurance we pay for has to recover the boat. Is not the local
emergency responders that do the recovery.

Who recovers *you* if you fall into the water? And are you claiming that
your insurance claim is not shared with everyone else when their
premiums go up to cover your losses?

Reply:
Another boater would rescue me. I would be dead before the local responders
arrived. The insurance rate is calculated on losses for the type of boat.
Probably less loss on our boats per boat than the local Chesapeake boaters.
Seems as if you guys are getting insurance to pay for new motors, etc.

Harry's never heard of actuaries!