[email protected] emdeplume@hush.com is offline

Default A BIG choice to make...

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 09:27:05 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

"Harryk" wrote in message

John H wrote:
On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:09:00 -0700,
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:00:58 -0700,

wrote:

"Wayne B" wrote in message

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 14:34:15 -0400, John
wrote:

Sure am glad I chose golf. Looks like I'm the only one who had a great
time!
I've been working on the boats. That's always fun when it's
finished.

Reply:
I was going to bring the boat home and work on it, but the nice weather
changed. A little rain already. Need to weld up some old holes drilled
for
removed stuff, and get it ready to repaint. Buddy wants to go kayak,
but
he
is fighting a cold.
We had another dummy go kayaking above the rapids in the Potomac today.
Luckily, she got extracted
before she got killed.

http://tinyurl.com/3cds3up

Reply:
Saw that on the news this morning while at the gym. She should be made
reimburse all costs of rescue with maybe a 20% PREMIUM.

Agreed.

What is your feeling about parents who allow their children to race
motorcycles?

Reply:
No problem. Is the taxpayer paying for the endeavor? Someone goes out in a
flooding river in a kayak and needs to be rescued, they should have to pay
the tab. I run white water rivers. When one of us types screw up, we or
the insurance we pay for has to recover the boat. Is not the local
emergency responders that do the recovery.

If you're caught in a river and have to be rescued, who's going to pay
the local responder? Your insurance company? Not a chance.

If someone's child is critically injured, the EMTs will be called.
They don't ask for a credit card before they treat someone, at least
not yet, but that might change if the right wing nuts get their way.