Keith

Default Coast Guard Inspections

Around the Kemah / Galveston Bay area, the best way to be boarded is to have
a bunch of bikinis or even less scantily clad beauties in plain view. That's
about all the watercops pay any attention to around here. You could scream
through the no wake zone at 50 mph and they couldn't care less... I guess
the equivalent of doughnut shops on the water.

--

Keith
__
"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
(Capt Lou) wrote in
:

If the Coast Guard continues to board vessels with the latest CGAUX
safe boating decals displayed, why bother getting a decal? How many
times a month does a boat need to be boarded and inspected? Besides,
the 2004 USCGAUX decal has an isnurance company's name printed on it.
I am cutting it off of mine.

You should own a jetboat in Charleston, Capt Lou. There are several

police
bureaucracies all looking for targets:
City of Charleston
County of Charleston
USCG
Dept of Natural Resources dressed up like SWAT teams in camo'd boats you
can't see in the dark trying to kill themselves and the person who ran

over
them. They think Wappoo Cut is in the Mekong Delta and are playing GI

Joe.

My little yellow Sea Rayder had the USCG-AUX current decal on it and I

even
pointed it out to the Coasties. It meant nothing and was a waste of my
boating time to get the boat inspected. The inspection report from the
Coasties WAS worth keeping, however. I kept it handy at the helm to show
the other bureaucrats and they accepted the inspection report, even if it
were a few months old. I simply offered it with my driver's license and
the boat tax verification (registration) card. Showing it passed, only a
few went snooping around in the engine/storage compartment to make sure I
wasn't trying to sneak any Budweiser across the boarder from Mt Pleasant.

Many of the unconstitutional stops-for-no-reason were thinly disguised

drug
raids without warrant or valid reasons. They dug around in the boat, I
think, because there were teens aboard my boat.

It's nonsense and ought to be stopped. I don't remember signing away any
of the Amendments to our Constitution at the DNR boat license

office.......

Larry W4CSC