John K Kudera

Default What's best to remove oil?

I bought an electric fuel pump on E bay, a length of copper tubing, to reach
the bottom of the pan, wired to plug into a cigarette lighter. Pump the oil,
put away til next time, works great for about $30.00
wrote in message
Hi,

What's the best thing for the money for removing oil
from a motor in the bilge? I bought a drill pump, and
it worked okay. Once! After that it would never work
again. Someone told me about using a basting squeeze
bulb, and that worked great getting some lube out of
a transfer case, but it took quite a while and a lot of
times filling and emptying it. It would take forever to
empty a motor of oil, unless there's a quart size or
something.

Thanks for any suggestions,
David