Peggie Hall

Default Getting hosed

Skip, you got good advice from JPS and Glenn. SeaLand "OdorSafe" and the
Aussie "Odorfree" hose have proven in independent testing to be 16 x
more resistant to odor permation than any other sanitation hose on the
market. It's stiff as an ironing board, though...which means you'll
most likely need to use inline radius fittings. Don't ever heat ANY hose
to bend it tighter than it wants to bend easily...you'll damage the
hose. I've seen it kink, and even develop tears on the outside of a hard
bend.

The Sealand "Odorsafe" hose is actually from an Aussie company, its real
product name is AVS96. There may be other companies distributing this
hose in the states since I believe they've started to manufacture it
here.

They haven't begun mfr'g it here, only distributing it under their own
brand name. For nearly 10 years, SeaLand was the exclusive US
distributer...they private labelled it "OdorSafe." I don't have the
inside skinny (yet) about why that deal is over, but the Aussies aren't
selling it to SeaLand any more at all...they're marketing it here under
their own brand name "AVS96 Odorfree." Here's a link to the Aussies'
website about it: http://www.aussieglobe.com/avs96.htm

Meanwhile, SeaLand has just introduced "OdorSafe Plus," which they claim
is even better and is made in Italy. Price is the about the same for it
as for original OdorSafe/AVS96. I haven't seen any test results on it
yet, so I'm taking a "wait and see" stance for now. But I do know that
the AVS96 stuff is all but totally impervious to odor permeation...it's
readily available here...and that's what I'd use if it were my own boat.

--
Peggie