Trond Solem

Default 20 to 30hp Johnson

Check if the hole in the intake manifold is smaller than the carb. Some of
these motors have 30hp carbs, but the hole in the manifold behind the carb
is much smaller than the hole in the carb. I suppose you know what to do
about it...

"Trainfan1" wrote in message
There is no "work" to be done on the carb. The 30 carb has a larger bore.

Rob
*
*
*

"us104" wrote in message
Thanx for help!
The engineblock and cc is the same so it must be as you say.
Do you if it is possible to work with the carb or if its easier to get

hold
of a 30hp carb?
matts

"Tony Thomas" wrote in message
Not sure on that year. I know the carbs are different. The exhaust

tuner
may be different along w/ the ports.
Start w/ the carb and go from there. Should get you some power

anyway.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"swedishconnection" wrote in message
Anyone knows anything about tuning a Johnson 20hp,1990,Two-stroke to
30hp??
I do gladly accept any advice on that!
matts

"swedishconnection" wrote in message
I have a Johnson 20hp,1990,Two-stroke.Just run 60 hours.
To pull waterskies with my Zodiac I need 10 more hp.
Does anyone know how complicated it is to "scare" the motor to 30

hp?
How is it done?
Grateful for any tip!
matts