jps

Default Getting hosed

In article kXYec.669$uF3.447@lakeread04, says...
148 is recommended for grey water and as a bilge hose but it will not
stand up to odor permiation in toilet applications. 144 is somewhat
better but not much. 101 is the standard black water hose and Sealand's
Odorsafe is the best.

You don't need a whole lot. I talked to Ed McKunen, president of
Sealand (and not my favorite person) about it. We recommend making your
longer runs in Schedule 40 PVC with short lengths of Odorsafe to absorb
vibration and movement.

Completely agree.

Here's more info an schedule 40 and pvc from a learned TWL subscriber:

"From my experience of designing plumbing systems for industy and
commercial applications, I would opt for using PVC over ABS. There are
some necessary precautions that should be taken. First of all, use
schedule 40 PVC and not the thin DWV (drain waste vent) pipe. Secondly,
if using the DWV fittings which have a larger radius, make sure that
they have the long sockets to allow as much glued area as possible.
Third, do not clamp near a fitting but rather allow the pipe absorb any
flex rather than the fitting. BTW, our industrial applications were
subject to considerably more vibration and flexing than I have ever seen
on our boat. PVC pipe is not brittle unless exposed to UV rays from
sunlight. I have seen some suppliers store it outside and that pipe
could be already brittle when purchased.

A couple of other notes, PVC pipe can be bent with the application of
heat to meet any special situations. Another thought would be to use
scdl 40 PVC electrical conduit. This is gray in color, UV protected,
and there are a number of sweep elbows available."

jps