A_boaterer A_boaterer is offline

Default Obama endorses slavery

In article ,
says...

wrote:
On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:58:59 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 12:11:19 -0500, Boating All Out
wrote:

You still don't get SS, because THERE IS NO SS DEFICIT.
SS is $2T in the black! SS taxpayers have already kicked it in.
No matter what your - right wing in this case - ideology, you can't get
around that. The SS Trust Fund is accounted for in black and white.
Everybody knows that.
If not they can go to the SS website to get educated.
That's a U.S. government debt like any other and has to come from
general revenue.
That would be true if the government had not spent every dime of that
money. Right now the $2T that SS calls an asset, the treasury calls a
debt. We can't even cover 60% of what we spend with our revenue. How
in the hell will the government ever pay back those SS bonds?

Only a right winger would call a paid for old age pension system
"welfare."
When it becomes a means tested benefit, having no relation to what you
paid in, it is welfare.

All other 1st world countries call their version of SS
"old age pension."
You're welcome to call it what you want because we can freely speak
here. But most Americans who worked all their lives and now collect SS
will just say "**** you" if you tell them they're collecting welfare.
What are they going to say when the government simply taxes away their
whole benefit because they make too much money. They already tax 85%
of SS if you make more than $32k. Bear in mind your FICA money was
after tax money so that is already double taxation and you ain't seen
nothing yet.

According to you.. someone who apparently has trouble with the facts.

What's really sad is how our tax dollars are wasted, instead of doing
good for the citizens. We should be slashing the military budget and
hitting corporations that export jobs with very special taxes, and, if
they head offshore, levy taxes on the goods and services they want to
sell here.

Are you saying that military budget is a waste?