[email protected] emdeplume@hush.com is offline

Default Obama endorses slavery

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 00:49:01 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 21:01:49 -0700,
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 23:31:03 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 19:12:02 -0700,
wrote:

Even assuming your number of $70B a year is right (who knows, since
you continually make up facts). The right wing just went down to the
wire about social programs and $1B. That's so adult of them.

The $700b over 10 years is straight from CBO (the cost of the tax cut
on $250k people) and it is widely reported., You will get a dozen
hits if you google it.

They certainly have to start fixing this problem pretty soon. You do
understand, most of the $4 gas is because the world has devalued the
dollar. If we don't get a handle on this debt that will only get
worse. Why would anyone loan us money at a percent or two when the
money we will be paying them back with is losing value faster than
that. You can continue in your blissful denial but remember where you
heard it. We are rapidly approaching the tipping point and the only
solution from both sides of the aisle is borrow more money.

So, now you believe in the CBO. Previously that wasn't the case. Which
is it?

I understand this is just a wild guess but you think everything they
say is gospel and I was talking to you.

Wow... you just flip-flopped from quoting the CBO to claiming they're
full of it. Please show me where I've ever said "everything they say"
is gospel.

You are just spinning now. Do you think the $700b over 10 years is
wrong? Prove it. It is the most optimistic number the CBO has.
Personally I think the money we would get is lower than that.

I wouldn't know. You love the CBO until you hate it.

Most of the $4 gas is uncertainty driven. Sorry if that doesn't mesh
with your view of Obama and/or the Democrats.

I am just repeating what the people who know more than both of us are
saying. They did back it up with numbers.
I also understand a lot of it is just speculation but some of that
speculation is also based on the value of the dollar.

Which people? Rush? I'd say listen to NPR, but they're just commies
with a secret mission to destroy this country, right?

Actually the federal reserve. They peg the dollar to a broad index of
currencies and the dollar has dropped 5% in 4 months.
Since that includes the Euro that is also in trouble it is actually
worse than that, You really need to compare it to China, India and the
emerging markets who are competing for oil with us on the world
market. China can easily throw a lot of dollars at oil. They have
ours.
Since the speculators may really buying future contracts for oil that
is still be in the ground, the value of the currency has a whole lot
to do with how high the prices get bid up. That is the speculative
part of oil prices. The only bright side of that is they frequently
guess wrong and oil prices can crash.
Do you feel lucky?

Yes, the dollar dropping is causing some problems. It's not the only
thing and prices aren't as high as they've been. Nice try.