[email protected] emdeplume@hush.com is offline

Default Obama endorses slavery

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:13:28 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:16:16 -0700,
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:01:40 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:49:42 -0400, Harryk

Why is it democrats go to the extreme in every argument. Someone says
they want to cut the cost of government and immediately you say they
want to stop food inspections and shut down the air traffic
controllers. (although both could easily be privatized)

Why is it Republicans want to privatize just about everything? If you
want to ensure crappy services on which the public depends, then turn it
over to some for-profit corporation. That's especially true in areas
such as food inspections, and there are many others.

I only have to point to the failures in the government system.

If "the system" worked as is, we would not be talking about salmonella
and E-coli poisoning almost every week.
The publicizing of these incidents and the bad press for the company
involved is a far greater impact than any sanction the government is
likely to impose. Companies try to keep their products safe because
the market will punish them if they don't, not because of a government
inspector sitting in an office somewhere updating his fantasy baseball
team.

So, all of a sudden you expect the gov't to be perfect. Wow. It must
be imperfect because Obama is in office.

No it has always been imperfect. Obama is just more of the same.
I see little difference between any of the Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama
administrations. For that matter It has not really changed much since
Eisenhower left.

He's not even close to being "more of the same." Just because YOU
don't see much difference does not make that a fact.

Feel free to vote for Eisenhower's daughter. Oh wait, she doesn't want
to have anything to do with GOP.