[email protected] emdeplume@hush.com is offline

Default Obama endorses slavery

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 11:17:56 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 07:14:04 -0400, Harryk

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 00:47:12 -0500, Boating All Out
wrote:

I agree they will pay until it becomes such a huge problem that the
kids throw momma from the train. They just have to learn to vote and
to understand SS and Medicare is a massive wealth transfer from the
young to the old.

All that needs to be done is to substantially raise social security
taxes on the wealthy, as part of the price they have to pay for
accumulating wealth. Federal taxes generally in this country are frar
too low on the wealthy.

It sounds like a panacea to simply tax the wealthy more and I like the
idea but I also understand it is not going to be any kind of silver
bullet. There are simply not enough rich people and they are not that
rich. If you took all of the hard assets from the richest 400 people
in the US it wouldn't balance the budget.

It's not intended as a silver bullet. It's intended to get people who
can certainly afford it to pay their fair share. It will go a long way
toward helping the budget system, esp. in the long term.

You keep saying the richest 400 people. Do you really think there are
only 400 people in the US who make more than $250K per year????