Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default Obama endorses slavery

On 09/04/2011 7:58 PM, L G wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:
On 09/04/2011 9:30 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 00:05:04 -0700,
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 01:05:50 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 19:56:54 -0700,
wrote:

You've got plenty of paranoia about something that might or might not
happen in 30 years, but something that's in your face is no big deal.

The things I am worried about are happening right now. Social Security
and Medicare are in deficit today.
The job flight from the country is happening right now.
The fact that we are spending 166% of our revenue is a problem today.

I agree the congress is not addressing any of these problems
seriously, using this crisis to advance ideological agendas but I also
do not take the theater that seriously.

And their "deficit" is temporary. For example, the primary reason for
the SS deficit is low unemployment, and that will change in the next
year or so, then it's solvent for another 30 years.

You have not been paying attention have you. The projection was always
that SS would be upside down in 2017, then 16 then 15 and the later
projections were 2012-13.
Then the recession made that 2010 they HOPED they might get a year or
two of surplus but the Obama payroll tax cut torpedoed that. It will
never see a surplus again. Medicare has been upside down for quite a
while with no end in sight.

Yet, you're just fine with making that situation worse, not paying
people for weeks if not months on end. How many people will default on
their houses? How many won't be able to pay their insurance or feed
their kids, pay for college, etc., etc.

That has never happened. If these people are living so close to the
edge that they will fail of their pay check is held up a few days, it
is not a question of if they will fail, only when. What are these
military guys going to do when the war is over and the Army gives then
an "early out" like happened after Vietnam?

You and Harry keep saying the DoD budget is too high but the DoD is a
jobs program. Virtually any cut in the budget will cost someone a job.

You're just fine with all that, but zonkers paranoid about something
that may or may not happen in 30 years.

The theater is deadly serious for some people. You don't care about
them, apparently.

Since nobody in the government has ever lost a dime's pay in any of
the shut downs, no I don't really care. Some come to work, if they
really do anything important for a living, some stay home but they all
get paid.,

Which is why it isn't working. Congress needs to just issue a 3 month
temporary no-pay layoff.

While that will never happen, it would save a ton of money. Their

pensions and health care benefits are also out of control.

If congress had common sense, they would just lay off 90% of the
government for 3 months and no pay. This way the understand the
seriousness.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.