Rick & Linda Bernard

Default Recommendation for New Marine Head

One thing you need to check is the elevation of the new vs old head. Some
of the heads are quite elevated and uncomfortable to sit on. Even worse if
the head base platform is elevated above the floor. For my boat I need a
low profile head which limits my choice. A couple of inches makes all the
difference.

"Drumm Law" wrote in message
We have just bought a 1973 Tollycraft 34' Flybridge Sedan, with an old

"pumper"
style marine head. Already, I'm getting grumbles from "Mama" about all

the
work that device is.

I have seen bits and pieces on this and other web sites, about the pro's

and
con's of different electric marine heads . . . but don't feel I know

enough to
intelligently chose one yet.

It needs to be 12 volt, sea-water source of water, and reliable (and, when

not
reliable, relatively easy for a person not mechanically inclined to fix)!

Any recommendations?