rhys

Default Coast Guard Inspections

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:21:03 -0700, "Lloyd Sumpter"
wrote:

Wow - am I ever glad I live in Canada! I've NEVER been stopped or boarded: not
in 40 years of boating on everything from runabouts to skiffs to dinghies to
36-ft sailboats.

(I've also never been asked for my fishing license. Go figure...)

Never been stopped in my 33 foot sailboat in Toronto, have been
stopped twice in the Inner Harbour in my Zodiac by Metro Marine (water
cops, local, but using federal safety regs at hand). They've seemed
faintly disappointed, particularly given my piratical appearance, to
find a proper PFD, bailer, heaving line, flares, signalling device,
handheld VHF, GPS and extra oars, boat hook and engine spares aboard
my 10 foot RIB.

Thank goodness they weren't looking for dope G.

R.