Lloyd Sumpter

Default Coast Guard Inspections

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:49:30 +0000, Larry W4CSC wrote:

(Capt Lou) wrote in
:

If the Coast Guard continues to board vessels with the latest CGAUX safe
boating decals displayed, why bother getting a decal? How many times a month
does a boat need to be boarded and inspected? Besides, the 2004 USCGAUX decal
has an isnurance company's name printed on it. I am cutting it off of mine.

You should own a jetboat in Charleston, Capt Lou. There are several police
bureaucracies all looking for targets:
City of Charleston
County of Charleston
USCG
Dept of Natural Resources dressed up like SWAT teams in camo'd boats you can't
see in the dark trying to kill themselves and the person who ran over them.
They think Wappoo Cut is in the Mekong Delta and are playing GI Joe.

Wow - am I ever glad I live in Canada! I've NEVER been stopped or boarded: not
in 40 years of boating on everything from runabouts to skiffs to dinghies to
36-ft sailboats.

(I've also never been asked for my fishing license. Go figure...)

Lloyd
"Far Cove" Catalina 36