James[_2_] James[_2_] is offline

Default Volvo-penta 4 cyl engine

Wayne.B wrote:

On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 09:08:13 -0500, "James"
wrote:

Hi Group, We're looking at a 1980 Bayliner Flybridge with twin
Volvo-penta 4 cyl. engines. What can anyone tell me about them. Fuel
consumption. Reliability. Any other information. Thanks, Jim

Diesels I assume? Volvo has always made good engines but replacement
parts are very expensive and sometimes hard to find. Keep in mind
that these are 31 years old and almost certainly have some issues
lurking out there that will need some work sooner rather than later.

You definitely need to find a good surveyor for both boat and engines
but my recomendation would be to keep looking. Even if the engines
are fine, a 31 y/o Bayliner is no bargain at any price.

No. they're gas. Sorry I failed to mention that. Jim