Jere Lull

Default porta-bote or inflatable?

In article ,
James Johnson wrote:

What about windage? Would it be able to take 60 knot gusts from a bad
thunderstorm? That is what I base my stowage requirement on. If I can't
stow
it to take that severe of a storm I don't take it with me.

We can get a lot of thunderstorms on the Chesapeake.

JJ

I don't believe windage is a problem. Our PortaBote is on our side deck
from splash to haul each year. It tried to escape once, but that was my
fault. Even against the life lines, it doesn't increase the windage too
much at anchor, and may help reduce sailing around the anchor. In summer
squalls, if we're not at anchor then, I did something wrong; the
PortaBote is low in the hierarchy of my worries if it's properly lashed.
Most cruisers won't notice the extra windage under sail.

--
Jere Lull