Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Capsize

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:19:25 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

If I ever get to live in Florida it'll be a Mac26 if I decide to do
overnighters or a Carolina Skiff if I decide to just day fish.
Talking about the Gulf coast.

I think the Mac26 is OK if operated within its limits - not
overloaded, always with water ballast in place, and always with a good
chance of being quickly rescued. The manufacturer needs to do more to
raise safety awareness and stop selling the boat to inexperienced
people who want to believe it can go anywhere. I would not want to be
caught on open water in a thunder squall with a Mac26 but that is also
true for a number of other sailboats in that size range.