Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default Liveaboard marinas LI Sound

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 23:25:49 GMT, "Glen \"Wiley\" Wilson"
wrote:

I'm contemplating a job in White Plains NY. I currently liveaboard
here in Florida and would like to continue doing so. Taking into
account commutes, liveaboard policy, and good sailing waters, where
should I be looking?

There are marinas in New Rochelle that allow live-aboards. I don't
know which ones do, but at least one. I just can't remember the name.

City Island is another possibility. Consolidated is a big one there. I
stayed overnight there last year and I seem to remember liveaboards,
although I can't swear to it.

I think you can write off Mamaroneck, Rye, and Larchmont for
liveaboard.

All those are on Long Island Sound. You should be there if you want
casual PHRF racing, or serious racing, for that matter. The sound is
also advantageous if you want to cruise in New England on vacations,
just because you are starting close.

If racing is no concern, you might enjoy the Hudson River, which is
plaenty wide enough to tack in, and has some gorgeous scenery. In that
case, Croton, Ossining, and Tarrytown might suit. I don't know what
rules there are about liveaboards there.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Capsizing under chute, and having the chute rise and fill without tangling, all while Mark and Sally are still behind you